Indiana Department of Homeland Security

State Construction Design Release

Commercial construction projects are required to first submit an Application for Construction Design Release (CDR) including building plans and/ or construction documents to the Plan Review division of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS).

An issued Construction Design Release is required before our office can issue a permit In the event it is required for your project. For most projects you will be required to hire an Indiana registered Design Professional to submit and obtain this release from State Plan Review.

For more information visit the Indiana Department of Homeland Security's website or call (317) 232-6422. 

Jackson County Building Commissioner