Roger D. Hurt
1st Deputy Treasurer
111 S. Main St.
Brownstown, IN 47220
Ph: (812) 358-6125
Fx: (812) 358-6171
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The treasurer's duties also include:
- Collecting and reporting to the state all inheritance taxes
- Clearing Liquor licenses
- Clearing the moving mobile homes / transferring titles for mobile homes
- Collecting and distributing the innkeepers' tax
- Processing bankruptcy claims
- Reconciling bank checking accounts held by the county
- Maintaining a monthly ledger and financial statement
- Collecting property taxes
- Serving as secretary to the County Board of Finance
The Jackson County treasurer's office is open from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The office is closed on holidays designated by the Jackson County Board of Commissioners.
SPECIAL NOTE : !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEW FALL TAX BILLS TO BE ISSUED !!!!!
Mail date September 4, 2018
The credit distribution received to the Treasurer for Jackson County for the 2017 pay 2018 tax parcels were incorrect.
Therefore, Jackson County is rebilling statements to taxpayers with corrected amounts due November 13, 2018.
Only tax bills with balances due are being rebilled.
These new bills will supersede the original Coupon "B" and Receipt portion!!!
A corrected tax file will be sent to all mortgage companies for parcels with escrow.
At this time only Cash and Checks are excepted in the Office.
Due to the Tax Sale and the Demand requirements imposed at this time the On Line and Phone payment options have been temporarily suspended until Oct 23rd., 2018.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.