Roger D. Hurt
1st Deputy Treasurer
111 S. Main St.
Brownstown, IN 47220
Ph: (812) 358-6125
Fx: (812) 358-6171
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The treasurer's duties also include:
- Collecting and reporting to the state all inheritance taxes
- Clearing Liquor licenses
- Clearing the moving mobile homes / transferring titles for mobile homes
- Collecting and distributing the innkeepers' tax
- Processing bankruptcy claims
- Reconciling bank checking accounts held by the county
- Maintaining a monthly ledger and financial statement
- Collecting property taxes
- Serving as secretary to the County Board of Finance
The Jackson County treasurer's office is open from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The office is closed on holidays designated by the Jackson County Board of Commissioners.
The 2019 Jackson County property tax due dates are May 10, 2019, and November 12, 2019.
At this time only Cash and Checks are accepted in the Office.